- Interior architects specialize in designing and building interiors for safety, functionality and aesthetics.
- Draft plans to create or refinish spaces in private homes or commercial buildings with their clients’ tastes in mind. In creating plans for a space, they take into account interior construction, lighting and furnishings.
- Responsible for producing architectural working drawings including all details for architectural interior projects. This includes millwork, tile, elevations, plans, sections and RCPs.
- Maintain / organize project files, schedules and specifications.
- Site visits and assisting in construction supervision.
- Site survey / measures of existing conditions and producing drawings of same.
- Work with the entire team, in office and with outside consultants.
- Proficient time management to facilitate working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work with interior design team to develop design solutions.
- Research concepts and materials to support design team on technical issues influencing concept development.
- Work within timely schedules to coordinate the completion of tasks through to final project completion.
- Conduct on-site observations and provide recommendations to help streamline ongoing design projects.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations.
- Select furniture, materials, decor and finishes while keeping within budget.
- Consider how the space will be used and how people will move through the space.
- Sketch preliminary design plans, including electrical layouts.
- Specify materials and furnishings, such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures.
- Prepare final plans, using computer applications.
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs.
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements.
- Visit after the project to ensure that the client is satisfied.
- OND/HND/BSC in Interior Design, Architecture or related discipline.
- 2+ years’ relevant interior design experience.
- In-depth knowledge of furniture systems and finishes.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic principles of space planning.
- Able to develop and present design concepts.
- Google Sketch Up proficiency is required.
- Organized, detail oriented, deadline driven, fast paced team player.
- Experience and interest in traditional and modern detailing.
- Strong understanding of and proficiency in producing all schedules.
- Job site experience including working with architects, builders and landscape architects, measuring and producing as-built documents.
Method of Application
If you meet this criteria, send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interior Architect” as the subject of the email.